What is YardPick?
Created by a ragtag bunch of Chattanooga, TN-based troublemakers, the YardPick concept grew out of a desire to host a locally-focused but nationally reaching, virtual yard sale. You would think that having the ability to quickly post multiple items on a searchable map wouldn't be much of an inspiration but au contraire, mon frère!
Today, YardPick is quickly becoming a place to buy, sell, or swap treasures with your friends and neighbors. It's a place where you can feel free to post as few or as many items as you would like without fear of deletion or expiration. It's a place to commune with like-minded collectors or a place to be blown away by the insane style of your neighbors. It's virtual serendipity, wrapped in an easy to use website!
They Want It. You've Got It. YardPick.
How does it work?
1. Browse - Browse the map or use the search feature to find items you might be interested in purchasing. Take time to peruse your neighbors inventory as you never know who might have exactly what you are looking for!
2. Buy - It's as easy as dropping a message to the user with items you like. You don't have to sign up or connect YardPick with Facebook, Twitter, or any other personal outlets -- it's literally that simple.
3. Sell - Host your virtual yard sale by anonymously posting items you’d like to sell. If this process takes two days or two weeks you shouldn't feel the need to rush. The items in your store will be active for as long as you'd like.
How is YardPick different?
- Unlike some other sites, your listings don’t get lost or buried as soon as you post them.
- You can post as many listings as you want in a virtual store connected to your chosen location. (okay… within reason. If you post 5000 items, we might need to chat.)
- Quickly search as nearby or as far away as you care to travel. As long as we don't have to carry your new couch, we don't care where you get it.
- It'll always be free to have a personal account and you can take that to the bank!